5 Ways Moodle Learning Management System is used in Business
When Moodle learning management system was launched in 2002, it was designed for the needs of the education sector. Many did not forsee the popularity it would gain in the corporate world. With the support of a global community of developers who have continuously contributed to its growth and improvement, it has evolved and continually improved to the extent that organizations around the globe have come to realize the business applications of the Moodle lms.
Companies both big and small, have long recognized the benefits of eLearning programs for employee training, client support and customer retention and have achieved impressive business outcomes through through the use of Moodle.
Do you want to know how? Read on as i explain the 5 most commonly used ways Moodle is used in business:
1. Recruitment of new staff in Moodle: Moodle is used by companies to recruit new employees. As you already know, recruitment and selection process can take a considerable length of time and the procedures can be very cumbersome especially for the hiring department or personnel. With Moodle, these processes can be streamlined for the HR personnel and engaging for the new employees. With Moodle has great features that can be used to simplify the recruitment process; you are create or upload training courses using the course modules, the quiz module can also be used to create your interview questions and the results can be tabulated and analyzed automatically. You are able to create separate modules for the different departments in your organization and have same course content copied across them. Your candidates are also able to create Moodle accounts for themselves, create their profiles and upload their resume and complete the assessments in the module you must have enrolled them in. Thus with Moodle, Hiring managers spend less time accessing and reviewing candidates applications.
2. Competency-based Training in Moodle: Moodle course structure offers the most realistic and efficient environment for competency-based training of employees in an organization. With Moodle's "Outcomes"module, training managers are able to define competences that are linked to a series of numbers or letters to determine the learner's level of understanding of the defined competency in his course. Thus, at the completion of a course or the training program, results are generated in the form of statements about specific competencies for each learner which can then be used by the training manager to determine the learners level of understanding in the course.
3. Compliance Training in Moodle: Same as Competency-based training, Moodle makes it possible for companies to deliver compliance training and get the benefit of aligning individual employees with corporate strategy. With Moodle's "Lesson" and "Quiz" modules, compliance managers are able to create compliance training contents and questions that can be automatically graded.
The Quiz module in Moodle can be used to create timed and secured quiz for learners to complete at the completion of the compliance training course. Equipped with the ability to choose question formats, compliance managers can ascertain that knowledge is tested appropriately.
4. Online Course Development in Moodle: Moodle has many tools for creating dynamic, interactive and engaging courses. With its modules for both synchronous and asynchronous learning activities, learners have can choose to either learning in real time or on their on time. Moodle course builder tools can be used by course creators to easily create eLearning programs for self-paced strategies, non self-paced strategies and blended learning strategies.
5. Product and Service Launch in Moodle: In today's business world, products and services are continuously being updated, modified and changed, hence the importance of regular training on product knowledge. Product knowledge should be an ongoing education initiative in an organization and should change as new clients emerge, new features develop or new knowledge emerges. With Moodle it becomes easy to train your employees across all departments and provide access to all the product knowledge necessary for their functional teams.
Would you like to deploy Moodle for your business? Kindly contact us and let us discuss your options.
5 Ways Moodle Learning Management System is used in Business Reviewed by Crystal Edge on 4:49:00 pm Rating: